Agriculture existing as the main backbone of Pakistan economy on the other side we can evidently witness the expansion rate of construction industry. How it’s making the place in country’s economy. Similarly, when the backbone of a country expands, the rise is exponential and a symbol of growing economy of Pakistan’s construction industry.
Conversely, after the deadly outbreak and sudden lock-down, the country’s government has alleviated the loss by upgrading the policies in budget 2020-2021. While the rest was covered in the finance bill. The response towards the construction industry. Hence, by the construction, industry was immensely welcoming and positive, as the given policies have sounded promising.
Ultimately, few of the key points representing the policies include below. Reflecting how the economic status of construction industries in Pakistan is getting on the right track for the year 2021.
- Construction of new projects, irrespective of source investment disclosures.
- Secure income tax rate
- The inventory purchase will lead to a relax from withholding tax for eligible builders and developers
- Liberations for Cement Industry
- Lowered markup rates
1. Construction of new projects can be done irrespective of source investment disclosures
Therefore, according to Income Tax Ordinance 2001, the change of policy allowed zero disclosure of source investments. For the construction of commercial/residential areas or first purchase of latest construction schemes.
- Construction industry became the right choice of investment.
- Feasibility of business performances
- Reduction of unemployment rates via birth of new job roles
- Elimination of lengthy money trial and background checks process, increasing the ease of project constructions.
2. Secure Income Tax Rate
- Stating the Construction Package 2020; surplus to cement or steel holders will have a reduction of 10% tax. Whereas dividend paid to shareholders of Construction Company / industry will be relaxed with 90% tax to those investors. Inclusive of people, who put their financial assets on Naya Pakistan Housing program construction projects?
- A secure tax regime shall apply for builders and developers. Irrespective of the profit ratio under the incentive scheme for the construction region.
- A revised taxation system where builders and developers of urban cities will have to pay tax. Inclusive of Rs250 per square feet on units sold in residential or commercial area.
- Greater number of investors due to positive tax regime for investment in housing schemes.
- Secure sense of investment created for the investors by the country’s government. Leading a step ahead for successful launch of housing schemes with incentives.
- Lesser tax paying increasing the profitability status for builders and developers
- Sustainable nourishment of construction industry
3. The inventory purchase will lead to a relax from withholding tax for eligible builders and developers
Moreover, eligible builders will be relaxed from withholding taxes under section 153 of Income tax ordinance 2001. While steel and cement manufacture possessing exemption certificates under a similar law will also be entertained with the same policy.
Ultimately, with the ease of business in the construction industry. Furthermore, it has prominently reduced the construction cost for builders and developers.
4. Liberation for Cement Industry
By the same token, according to the Finance Bill 2020 following policies were introduced;
- Cost reduction in Federal excise duty on cement from Rs 2/kg to Rs 1.75/kg.
- FBR has implemented a tax relief from Rs20bn to Rs13bn under the section of sales and income tax.
- Cement prices got reduced
- Rapid booster for country’s construction industries
5. Lowered Markup Rates for Housing
- Rs30bn aid for Naya Pakistan Housing Project
- An aid of Rs300,000 will be provided on the establishment of first 100,000 houses.
- Citizens will get with subsidized interest rate options after taking house-buying loans from banks with allowance of 5% house financing. Hence, obeying the law from Development Authority Bill 2019.
- Investment upgrade and expected peak in the construction industry
- Lower construction prices will increase the construction of large scale projects
- Growth in steel and cement demand
Therefore, taking under observation the current budget and policies made for construction industry of Pakistan will definitely result favorable for all, builders, investors and citizens. Since Pakistan comes under the list of under-developing countries. Consequently, it won’t be a lie to quote majority of the population comes under the division of middle class or lower middle class.
Hence, with the decreased taxes.The core result of induced polices will certainly mitigate the housing needs of middle class people for owning a home at cheaper rates.
For more information about the construction industry visit https://timesgroup.com.pk/articles/